Tomorrow is 2011. I can't believe it's already here. It always seems to amaze me how fast the Christmas season goes by and how quickly we're thrusted into the new year. 2010 has been an awesome year. We've been able to film some amazing weddings with some incredible couples, travel to some awesome destinations, and best of all I got engaged.
So to cap off 2010 I thought I'd do a fun blog post of some of my favourites things in 2010. Random movies, books, tv etc. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what your favs are!
Movies: (Being a film school snob it was really hard to narrow this down but here it goes.)
1. Scott Pilgrim VS. The World - This little gem did terrible in the box office but is an incredible film. You should see it asap.
2. The Social Network - Fincher at his best.
3. True Grit - The Coen brothers do it again. Simple and engaging.
4. Harry Potter - I'm a super geek when it comes to the books so it's a must.
5. Black Swan - Mind bender
1. Arcade Fire - Suburbs
2. Tokyo Police Club - Champ
3. Broken Social Scene - Forgiveness Rock Record
1. American On Purpose - Craig Ferguson
2. When I Stop Talking You'll Know I'm Dead - Jerry Weintraub
3. Rebel Without a Crew - Robert Rodriguez
1. www.vimeo.com - amazing community of filmmakers
2. www.berrics.com - skateboarding through and through
3. www.slashfilm.com - for all of your film geek news
1. Community - Incredibly hilarious and self aware.
2. 30 Rock - Classic
3. How I Met Your Mother - Single handedly keeping the traditional sitcom form alive. Hilarious!
ok and I need to let my techy geek side show for a moment…
1. Canon 5D MKII - full frame glory
2. iPhone 4 - huge leap forward
3. Canon 50mm 1.2 - beautiful
1. Pano - Shoots really cool panoramic photos
2. 8mm - Awesome super 8 mm camera filters
3. Instagram - Vintage toned camera phone